Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Wednesday Wisdom - Taxes



TAXES         
"The tax collector must love poor people, he's creating so many of them." 
- Bill Vaughan  
   
The tax deadline is right around the corner and I'm still struggling to get my numbers in order and off to my CPA. I never have trouble getting my clients' work done promptly, so what's that all about? Is this a surprise, something that just sprang up out of nowhere? Hello!?!
When something we really dread must be done, we tend to find every excuse not to do it. Filing my tax returns definitely fits in the "something I really dread" category. Why? Take your pick: A) Because of the amount of money the government takes; B) Because the government wastes so much of the money it takes; or C) Because of the work required to gather the data; or D) All of the above. I'm going with D) All of the above. Final answer.
Procrastination isn't helping me with this and I know it. So, what to do? Perhaps I should schedule time on my calendar and then make myself stick to it. It might help to enlist a friend to keep asking me if I've got it done. Maybe I could promise myself a delicious reward when I finish. Actually, I think I just need to put on my big-boy pants and get to work. Give myself a stern talking-to, grit my teeth, bow my neck, and forge ahead. Oh, why didn't I do this back in January like I promised myself a year ago last April I would do? I'm starting to detect a pattern here.

No comments:

Post a Comment