Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Wednesday Wisdom - Having a Bad Day?



HAVING A BAD DAY?      
                

   



"Was it a bad day? Or was it a bad five minutes that you milked all day?"  

Pinterest


 





The road of life is full of potholes, detours, and even washouts. Some folks seem to relish their troubles and take great pleasure in playing victim. They've learned how to turn a cup of spilled milk in the morning, a rude driver on the way to work, or an unfortunate comment in the grocery checkout line into an entire day of darkness.

Bad things happen to good people, no doubt. But even in the midst of serious difficulties, we are not merely the sum total of all our circumstances. Instead, we possess the power to determine what our days and ultimately our lives will be. I side with C. G. Jung who said, "I am not what happened to me. I am what I choose to become."

In good times and in bad, I choose to be happy. I choose to be optimistic. I choose to look for the less fortunate and help relieve their suffering. I choose to smile in the face of setbacks, knowing that "the long way around" is also full of breathtaking vistas and unexpected opportunities. I choose to turn those bad five minutes into an interesting story to share with loved ones as part of another beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment