Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Wednesday Wisdom - They Say It's Your Birthday

THEY SAY IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY       

 

"Just remember, once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed."  
- Charles Schultz

 

At my age, life is like a set of playing cards.  I still have a full deck; I just shuffle slower now. Nearly 50 years ago, I sang along with the Beatles (and chuckled smugly to myself, certain that those days were eons away):

"When I get older losing my hair,
Many years from now
Will you still be sending me a Valentine
Birthday greetings, bottle of wine?
If I'd been out till quarter to three
Would you lock the door?
Will you still need me, will you still feed me
When I'm sixty-four?"

This week -- on Saturday to be precise -- I actually arrive at the age 64 milestone.  My, how time flies!  Here I am, living the words of the song and still asking those questions:

"Doing the garden, digging the weeds,
Who could ask for more?
Will you still need me, will you still feed me
When I'm sixty-four?"

I'm happy to report that I'm "doing the garden" and "digging the weeds," in my back yard grow box and producing some beautiful vegetables.  No, I haven't "been out to quarter to three" lately; I need my rest.  But yes, Marcie, my sweetheart of 41 years, still needs me and still feeds me and still wants to be "mine for evermore."  Who could ask for more?

No comments:

Post a Comment