Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Wednesday Wisdom - Holiday Pounds

Wednesday Wisdom from Scott - January 13, 2016




HOLIDAY POUNDS


"People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and New Year's Day, but they really should be worried about what they eat between New Year's Day and Christmas."

-Anonymous




I'll admit it. My problem is just the opposite-I don't worry what I eat between Christmas and New Year's Day. By the time January the 1st rolls around, I'm rolling around with all those extra holiday pounds. Uugh!
Now what? Well, I'm visibly no expert on dieting, but some advice I once got on another subject seems to be the logical first step: "When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging."

Whatever bad habits we've picked up, whether in our business life or our personal life, will never be corrected unless we first cease and desist. Before we can get ourselves out of a mess we've dug ourselves into, we've got to stop digging.


Or in my case, stop eating. "Sir, put down those pies, cakes, chips, dips, and leftover Christmas candy and step away."

No comments:

Post a Comment